Well, I did all I could do to the proposal and fired it off to the editor. I equate it to those words you blurt out and can never take back… it’s out there now. All in all I think it’s a pretty solid package and I honestly believe the project could do well if it’s picked up, but it’s up to my words to do the convincing right now, so…
Now for the waiting, which we all know I’m very good at. I was never good at relinquishing control. I don’t like the feeling of being suspended in mid air, waiting for the roller coaster to suddenly drop. I just don’t like that feeling in the pit of my stomach.
I suppose that’s the reason I don’t take as many risks in my writing career as I could and probably should. It’s so hard to confront the unknown. You’d think that after ten + years, I’d be better at this thing but I’m still that vulnerable writer who sent off her first story and kept her eyes closed until she got an answer.
I’ve resolved to busy myself with other things… another proposal, a book review, some fiction and non-fiction. Hopefully that will tide me over.